The Nuclear Energy Tribal Working Group (NETWG) held its second quarter meeting in conjunction with the 2017 National Tribal Energy Summit, May 1-4, 2017, in Washington, D.C.
NETWG is a chartered working group, focused on engaging tribal governments interested in the broad spectrum of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear energy activities. NCSL provides staff support to NETWG in its dialogue with the U.S. DOE.
Tribal Executive Session
DOE Office of Nuclear Energy (DOE-NE) Program Report Outs and Recap of NETWG Activities
- Suzie Jaworowski, chief of staff, U.S. DOE, Office of Nuclear Energy (NE)
- Andrew Richards, deputy chief of staff, U.S. DOE-NE
- Jay Jones, physical scientist, U.S. DOE-NE
High-Level Policy Discussion with DOE-NE Senior Management
- Ray Furstenau, acting assistant secretary, U.S. DOE-NE
- Andrew Griffith, deputy assistant secretary, U.S. DOE-Spent Fuel & Waste Disposition
Roundtable Discussion: Tribal and Related Working Group Updates
Plans for Upcoming Quarterly Meeting and Next Steps
NETWG Members attended various sessions of the summit.