NCSL offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Low-cost health, dental and vision coverage.
- A 401(a)-retirement plan with 10% employer contribution after 6 months and full vesting.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Three weeks paid vacation with five-plus years of paid full-time work experience.
- LinkedIn Learning membership.
- Paid family leave, telework.
- Pet insurance.
- Discounted bus/train passes.
- In-office dry cleaning pick up.
- Access to 24 Hour Fitness memberships and more!
Relocation assistance provided for out-of-state candidates.
Your Resume and Motivation (Cover) Letter
Your resume looks its best when it has perfect grammar, name and contact details, chronological job history, brief descriptions of your previous work and relevant achievements. We look for a well-structured document that gets the message across in a concise way. Your resume should be a snippet of your complete profile, not a full list of everything you’ve ever done. Use it to highlight your accomplishments, skills and attributes you’ll bring to NCSL. Job application magic happens when you build a credible narrative foundation.
Use the motivation (cover) letter to make your reason for applying crystal clear. Our hiring managers want to learn how your background fits the open position and what makes you, you. Tailor your letter to the job requirements and explain in detail how your passion, drive and enthusiasm make you the right person for the job.
Ace your interview by coming prepared and being yourself. We’re excited to get to know you, which is why “I don’t know” is a perfectly acceptable answer to a question if it’s the truth. We’d rather you be honest than stumble over words. Before the interview, read up on NCSL, our values, mission, purpose and check out our research, podcasts and blogs. Show us why NCSL should be your next career destination and bring your enthusiasm and excitement to the interview.