Child Support and Family Law Legislation Database
The NCSL Child Support and Family Law Legislation Database contains passed, pending and failed legislation and executive orders from 2011, 2012 and 2013, and is searchable by state, topic, keyword, year, status and primary sponsor. Topics relate to custody and visitation, economic stability, enforcement, family violence collaboration, father engagement, guidelines, health care coverage, prevention, healthy family relationships, implementation, and other related issues. Users can search text for examples and specific key words. For information on legislative organization and procedures, click here.
Welcome to the Child Support and Family Law Legislation Database including bills filed pertaining to child support and family law! Search 2011, 2012 and 2013 legislation by state, year, topic, keyword, status, and/or primary sponsor.
Last Update: Nov. 18, 2013 (Next update: Dec. 2, 2013)
- To select more than one item below (e.g., state or category) in the following lists, hold down the Control-key and click the desired selections.
- To return to the searchable database, please scroll to the top of the bills in the window and click on "Return."
- We recommend you select the option "Click for History" on legislation of interest to view all bill actions.
- States are listed in alphabetical order by two letter abbreviations.
- Bills may appear twice (for 2012 and 2013) in carryover states. 2012-2013 carryover states include New Jersey and Virginia. In these states, please check the last date of action to ensure the status of the bill reflects the appropriate year.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|| Back to Child Support Homepage || Explanation of Database Topics ||