NLSSA E-Mail Discussion Group
Come Join the E-Mail Discussion Group for the National Legislative Services and Security Association
Do you have a question about how other states handle an issue or a problem you've encountered? Are you interested in learning how other state capitol's meet their services and security needs? Perhaps you just want to meet with your counterparts in other states. Whatever your reason, come join the new NLSSA e-mail discussion group.
How Does it Work?
It's called a "listserv" in e-mail parlance, and here's how it works. First, you subscribe to the NLSSA e-mail list. Then, every e-mail you or any other subscriber sends to the list's address is automatically distributed to all subscribers. So, if you post a question, it will automatically be sent to every subcriber, and each subscriber's response will automatically be sent to every subscriber.
How Do I Subscribe?
Thats all it takes. You will receive a welcome message that provides instructions on how to send an email on the list. It's a good idea to save those instructions. If you guys have any questions or promblems with the process, email:
The purposes of the Staff Section are:
- To promote the exchange of ideas and information on all aspects of legislative information systems. This includes, but is not limited to, the management and technical development of these systems.
- To provide a network of information exchange among persons involved in providing management and technical support for legislative information systems.
- To provide improved communications and foster better relations between legislative information systems management and staff, and the legislators and legislative staff they serve.
- To promote the service of the Association membership on the various committees, subcommittees, task forces, etc., of NCSL.
- To enhance the professionalism of the members of the Association through activities supporting the purposes noted above.
Membership of the Staff Section
There are two classes of membership in the Association. The classes are as follows:
- General Members: General members are legislative information technology professionals employed by a legislature of one of the fifty states, insular possessions, or territories of the United States. General members are voting members in the Association.
- Associate Members: Associate members are persons interested in legislative information technology, including legislators and other staff serving a legislature of one of the fifty states, insular possessions, or territories of the United States, legislative staff of provincial governments and representatives of private vendors. Associate members are non-voting members in the Association.
The Staff SecionT meets annually in conjunction with the annual meeting of NCSL, and holds a professional development seminar each fall.
Members can communicate electronically with others interested in legislative information technology issues by subscribing to the listserv. Newsletter and other materials are regularly posted to the listserv. To subscribe, send an e-mail message to and type subscribe nalit-l in the body of the message.
For more information, contact: Morgan Cullen, NCSL Staff Liaison.1) Send an e-mail to: NLSSA-L-REQUEST@NCSL.ORG
2) Write only the following in the body of the message:
3) You don't have to write anything in the subject line, but if your e-mail program requires a subject, just say SUBSCRIBE.
NCSL Liaison the NLSSA at:
We look forward to meeting you on our email listserv.