Legislative Education Staff Network exists to strengthen the capabilities of legislative education staff to support legislatures and individual legislators in developing P-20 education and workforce development state laws and policies, both fiscal and programmatic, which support student success.
The Legislative Education Staff Network is a coordinated network of professional and knowledgeable legislative staff from across the country who work on education policy. Since 1986, the LESN provides opportunities through meetings and online resources for education policy staff to:
- Network with other legislative staff and with other local, state and federal education professionals.
- Obtain professional development and training.
- Access timely, focused, and comprehensive information, research, and professional development on targeted education policy issues.
- Collaborate with education policy and finance experts and researchers.
- Receive technical assistance from other legislative staff on education initiatives.
- Partner with other education stakeholders to promote high quality education.