NCSL Website Overview / Guide
Design: Complete and Direct Access
NCSL's website employs a design to give the most direct and complete access possible to all the information we have on the site regarding a particular topic. The site's organization is simple and features these components:
Navigation bar. The top navigation bar is consistent throughout the site and provides access to all the other site features.
Home Page. The home page presents the latest state policy news and highlights current priority information regarding NCSL issues research, meetings and e-learning, federal policy advocacy, and other NCSL services.
Topic Area Portals. The site has seven main portals accessible from the navigation bar. These portals provide comprehensive access to all information on the site concerning their respective topic areas.
- About Us
- Legislators & Staff
- Meetings & Training
- NCSL In D.C.
Documents. The wealth of information and analysis provided by NCSL is published as individual documents on the website. The design makes these documents accessible directly from their topic area's documents listing. There is no need to navigate down through layers within the site.
Special Services Pages. In addition to the main portals, the NCSL website contains key pages for special services, including:
- State Legislatures Magazine
- Press Room
How to Login or Register for an NCSLnet Username and Password:
- To login, go to NCSL's Home Page and click on the "Login" button (upper right on page).
- Forgot Your Username and Password? Click on the link just below the Login button to Reset your password. The email in your record must match your current email. You will receive an email that includes your username and instructions on how to reset your password. Once you reset your password, you will need your username and password to login.
- Change Your Password. You can change your password online once you are logged in by clicking on your name in the upper right corner.
- Create Username/Password. Legislators and legislative staff are automatically members of NCSL. If you do not already have an NCSLnet username and password, you will need to register for one to have full member access to NCSL’s Web site. In the upper right corner of NCSL's Web pages, click on the Create Account button and complete the online form. The system requires passwords to be at least 7 characters and have at least one number. Legislative staff are asked to use their legislative email address and enter their job title in this record for timely processing.
After completing the form, you will receive a confirmation email of your username/password registration from email@example.com. Legislators and Legislative—You may immediately register online for meetings and webinars after submission of this account registration. However, to receive full member access to NCSL's website, NCSL must process your registration. Processing is usually completed within 2 business days after NCSL receives the confirmation email. Public users may immediately register online for meetings, webinars or order items through NCSL's Bookstore after submission of this account registration.
- If you have questions or problems with your login, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joyce Johnson at (303) 364-7700, ext. 1450.
- If you have comments or questions regarding the NCSL website, please send a message to the NCSLnet administrator: email@example.com.