NCSL provides access to research tools for members to search state legislation and learn more about a wide variety of policy topics.
NCSL staff curate and maintain 50-state information in NCSL’s searchable bill tracking databases that cover a variety of policy issues. More than 50 current and archived databases are available to members and the public on NCSL’s webpage.
Access NCSL’s 50 state bill tracking databases.
- Bill tracking, summaries and analyses of bills in dozens of issue areas.
- Search by subtopic, year, status (e.g., pending, enacted, to governor, etc.) or enter keywords to identify bills.
- Available to NCSL members and the public.
NCSL members can also search all state and federal legislation by using NCSL’s Bill Information Service, a powerful research tool that provides access to up to date legislation in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and the territories.
Access the Bill Information Service (BIS).
- Search the full-text of legislation by term, topic, bill number, author, or state.
- Retrieve bill status, fiscal notes, summaries and other bill information.
- Available exclusively to legislators and legislative staff.
- Learn more about using this tool by signing up for one of NCSL’s BIS training webinars.
Send questions to BIS-Info@ncsl.org.