Registration has opened for NCSL’s 2023 Legislative Summit, the nation’s premiere gathering of legislators and legislative staff.
Around 5,000 attendees are expected Aug. 14-16 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis to experience best-in-class programming and a slate of must-see speakers—including former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning.
Join lawmakers and staff from across the country for this unique opportunity to network, exchange ideas and learn what’s working in other states. Get up to speed on today’s most pressing policy issues, with more than 80 sessions on topics including health care, workforce, civility, rail safety, artificial intelligence, state budgets, the economy, education, elections and more.
Summit highlights include a conversation with Manning, the only NFL quarterback to win Super Bowls with two different teams and the league’s only five-time MVP; and general session speaker Master Sgt. Cedric King, who lost both legs in Afghanistan and has since become an endurance athlete with a message of hope and determination.
Other speakers include:
- Futurist Nancy Giordano, a bestselling author who helps enterprise organizations and visionary leaders transform to meet the escalating expectations ahead.
- Jen Welter, the first woman to coach in the NFL.
- Indiana Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch, a former state legislator and state auditor who oversees the state’s Department of Agriculture, Housing and Community Development Authority, Office of Community and Rural Affairs, and Destination Development Corp.
- Melissa Furman, whose passion for career, leadership and organizational development inspired her to launch Career Potential, a consulting, training and coaching organization.
- Darcy Luoma, CEO of Darcy Luoma Coaching & Consulting, who specializes in creating high-performing people and teams.
Prepare to celebrate in style at the Summit’s opening and closing events, and take some time to explore the exciting attractions available in the vibrant city of Indianapolis, including the Indiana State Fair and the world’s largest children’s museum.
Register today to take advantage of early bird discounts and the best selection of hotel rooms!
Lisa Ryckman is NCSL’s associated director of communications.