- Responsible for analyzing, for the Legislature, the budgets and programs of selected state agencies.
- Reviewing the budget recommendations of the Governor for those agencies.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of various activities and programs and conducting a variety ofresearch assignments including responding to legislators' inquiries and analyzing pending legislation.
Successful applicants will generally have at least a baccalaureate degree and be expected to possess the skills to:
- Analyze state issues and programs;
- Articulate alternatives; and
- Effectively relate to, and communicate with, agency personnel and state legislators.
- In addition, candidates should have knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in spreadsheet usage
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a complete resume, cover letter describing how your training and experience correspond to this position, and college transcript(s) to: Legislative Fiscal Bureau; One E. Main Street, Suite 301; Madison, WI 53703 or email this information to Fiscal.Bureau@legis.wisconsin.gov by March 14, 2024.
For information on the Bureau and its work visit our website at http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/.
NOTE: This is a position in the unclassified state service. All appointments are made on a nonpartisan basis. Staff personnel are hired on a permanent basis and receive the same employee benefits available to other state employees. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of appointment.