NCSL Spring Forum Pre-Conference Meeting on PPPs
April 22-25, 2009
The NCSL Foundation Partners Project on Public-Private Partnerships (P3s/PPPs)
exists to link legislators, legislative staff and interested private sector entities to analyze legislators’ needs and to develop nonpartisan, balanced, useful materials to aid legislators’ decision-making regarding PPPs in transportation, both in their respective states and as they consider state-federal relationships.
One purpose of this 18-month Project is to develop and offer educational sessions. This pre-conference meeting on public-private partnerships at NCSL's 2009 Spring Forum in Washington, D.C., examined the place of PPPs in a state legislature's toolbox of transportation funding options. This meeting will inform the Partners Project Steering Committee as it embarks on a year-long analysis of PPPs with the goal of developing a toolkit for state legislatures to use as they assess the appropriateness of PPPs for addressing transportation infrastructure needs.
Overall Meeting Summaries Approved by NCSL
To view PDF files, you must install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Transportation Funding Overview
- Joung Lee, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Washington, D.C. PowerPoint Presentation
- Robert Atkinson, National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission, Washington, D.C. PowerPoint Presentation
Public-Private Partnerships 101
- Pamela Bailey-Campbell, PB Consult, Colorado PowerPoint Presentation
- Karen Hedlund,Nossaman, LLP, Washington, D.C. PowerPoint Presentation
- John B. Miller, Patton Boggs, LLP, Washington, D.C. PowerPoint Presentation
International Perspectives on Transportation PPPs
State Perspectives on Transportation PPPs
Synthesis: Evidence-Based Lessons Learned on PPPs