Be Prepared: Redistricting Is Around the Corner
It's almost time to redraw new districts, and it's definitely time to plan for it. When it comes to redistricting, the learning curve is steep. Let us help you and your team prepare for this complex, once-a-decade task with our April-May webinar series. Registration details below.
Constitutionally mandated redistricting is an extraordinarily complex undertaking for legislators, staff and others, so learning the law, process and technology well in advance is vital. The more preparation you do, the easier it will be to get legislative and congressional plans drawn to meet your objectives, withstand challenges and hold up for a decade.
NCSL's top priority is the health and safety of our members and conference attendees. This webinar series will provide attendees with the same, quality information people expect from NCSL while maintaining social distancing safety protocols.
Recordings of webinars denoted as FREE will be available on their respective webpages approximately seven days after presentation. Registrants for paid webinars will receive information on how to access those session recordings following their completion.
The webinars are, in chronological order:
- Thursday, April 2: Redistricting Data 101 (FREE)
- Thursday, April 16: Redistricting Software Vendor Presentations (FREE)
- Tuesday, April 21: All Things Census
- Thursday, April 23: Emerging Data Topics: Prisoner Reallocation and Citizenship
- Tuesday, April 28: Redistricting Law Primer: Foundational Principles & Recent Developments
- Thursday, April 30: Using Data to Comply with the Voting Rights Act
- Tuesday, May 5: Redistricting Criteria: Traditional and Emerging
- Thursday, May 7: Using Millions of Maps (and Statistical Tests) to Evaluate Plans
- Tuesday, May 12: Developing a Dialogue: Public Input and Legislative Outreach
- Thursday, May 14: Building in Bipartisanship
- Tuesday, May 19: The 2020s: A Demographic and Political Overview
- Thursday, May 21: Successfully Handing Off to Election Officials