Catch the Elections Team During Office Hours
To stay connected with legislators and legislative staff, the NCSL Elections Team will begin holding Office Hours—a virtual meeting to speak with our team on any elections or redistricting-related topics. Please feel free to hop on with your question, and stay for as little or as long as you like. You can also send us your questions in advance, and we'll be sure to find the answer or find an expert who knows the answer. All persons interested are welcome to attend.
These drop-in calls will take place on the second Tuesday of each month. If you can't make it on Tuesdays, you can always email us directly.
If you are new to Zoom meetings, here is a handy how-to guide to help.
Upcoming Office Hours
Be sure to add these dates and times (3 p.m. ET/2 p.m. CT/1 p.m. MT/Noon PT) and this link to your calendar so you never miss an Office Hour.
- April 12: special guest: Ricky Hatch, County Clerk/Auditor, Weber County, Utah
- May 10
Recording links and resources from past office hours:
- Doug Lewis, retired director of the Election Center
- Will Adler, senior technologist, Center for Democracy and Technology (December 14, 2021)
- Ted Booth, general counsel, Mississippi Legislative PEER Committee (November 9, 2021)
- Doug Spencer, Associate Professor of Law, University of Colorado (October 26, 2021)
- Douglas Smith, author, On Democracy's Doorstep (October 12, 2021)
- Rob Richie and Deb Otis, FairVote (September 14, 2021)
- Dr. Lisa Handley- racially polarized voting analysis (August 10, 2021)
- Peter Wattson - his redistricting process (May 25, 2021)
- Kim Brace - alternative data sources (April 13, 2021)
Meet Your NCSL Experts
Director of NCSL's Elections and Redistricting Program
Subject Area: Elections
Subject Area: Redistricting
Subject Areas: Census and Campaign Finance
Subject Area: Elections and Ballot Measures