Immigration: Finally a Federal Fix?
This session focuses on the possible implications of federal immigration reform on state laws, policies, services and budgets, demographic trends and the role of immigrants in the workforce. A leading immigration lawyer highlights potential impacts of the Senate-passed immigration reform bill and pending bills in the House. This presentation includes a conversation among state legislators on key immigration issues and whether the bill addresses those challenges.
NCSL 2013 Legislative Summit: Aug. 14, 2013
- Steve Rauschenberger, Rauschenberger Partners, LLC, Illinois
- Senator Curtis Bramble, Utah
- Senator Mo Denis, Nevada
- Charles Kuck, Kuck Immigration Partners LLC, Georgia
- Senator Ellen Roberts, Colorado
- Representative Sharon Tomiko Santos, Washington