NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
This webinar will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
The Cliff Effect: What Is It and What Are State Strategies to Address It
Administration for Children and Families (ACF) Region 1 participants in the Whole Family Approach to Jobs initiative and state leaders from ACF Region 4 deepened their knowledge of the benefit cliff effect. Participants from both regions learned approaches to researching and mapping the benefit cliff effect in their state while also exploring concrete options to address it in their state.
The goals for the webinar were threefold:
- Learn how Cincinnati identified benefits cliffs and disincentives to work
- Learn about Cincinnati’s strategy moving forward
- Discuss how ACF Region 1 and Region 4 states might utilize research and action strategies to address the benefits cliffs in your states.
View the Webinar
- Meghan Cummings, executive director, Women’s Fund of The Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- Christopher Nicak, co-director of research, Economics Center, University
- Amy Kershaw, associate commissioner for programs, Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance
- LaMonica Shelton, program manager, Office of Family Assistance, Administration for Children and Families, Region 4
- Danielle Barnes, commissioner, Tennessee Department of Human Services
- Steven Hernandez, executive director, Connecticut Commission on Women, Children and Seniors