10 Fundamentals of Coordinated State Early Childhood Education Data Systems
1. Unique Statewide Child Identifiers.
2. Child-Level Demographic and Program Participation Information.
3. Child-Level Data on Development.
4. Ability to Link Child-Level Data with K-12 and Other Data Systems.
5. Unique Program Site Identifier with the Ability to Link with Children and the Workforce.
6. Program Site Data on Structure, Quality and the Work Environment.
7. Unique ECE Workforce Identifier with the Ability to Link with Program Sites and
8. Individual ECE Workforce Demographics, Education and Professional Development
9. State Governance Body to Manage Data Collection and Use.
10. Transparent Privacy Protection and Security Pratices and Policies.
Source: The Early Childhood Data Collaborative