The Child Support Digest is an NCSL electronic newsletter for state legislators, legislative staff, and others interested in child support policy. This newsletter provides periodic updates on child support and family centered support services legislation and budgets; highlights innovative policies and programs; and connects you with reports and news, including upcoming NCSL events.
The publication is prepared under a partnership project of NCSL's Children and Families Program and the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement. NCSL's Child Support Project project is designed to help states tap the best research and information available in considering child support policy options and reforms.
To subscribe to this newsletter, send us an email.
View Current and Previously Published Child Support Digests Below:
- Volume 8, Number 1: NCSL's quarterly newsletter featuring information on NCSL’s Summary of 2019 Enacted Legislation, behavioral interventions for child support services, and effectiveness of child support enforcement tools.
- Volume 7, Number 1: NCSL's quarterly newsletter featuring information on NCSL's latest podcast on child support and employment services, child support and incarceration, 2017 data, and child support performance measures.
- Volume 7, Number 2: NCSL's quarterly newsletter featuring information on domestic violence and child support cooperation requirements, child support podcast, the impact of nontraditional work on child support programs and state child support guideline commissions.
- Volume 7, Number 3: NCSL's quarterly newsletter featuring information on state innovations to provide employment to noncustodial parents in the child support program, benefits cliffs policy options, 2019 state legislation and Colorado's pass-through and disregard program.
- Volume 6, Number 1: NCSL’s Quarterly Child Support Newsletter featuring information about child support and domestic violence, our child support and family law legislation database, child support assurance and employment services for noncustodial parents.
- Volume 6, Number 2: NCSL's Quarterly Child Support Newsletter featuring information on recent NCSL publication, including a Two-Generation Strategies Toolkit for State Legislators and a Guide for Child Support Professionals. Also includes recent national reports including information on putting the support in child support and child support cooperation requirements.
- Volume 6, Number 3: NCSL's Quarterly Child Support Newsletter featuring information on child support data, two-generation approaches in child support, parenting time orders, father engagement and child support cooperation requirements.
- Volume 6, Number 4: NCSL's Quarterly Child Support Newsletter featuring a summary of 2018 enacted child support and family law legislation and links to additional NCSL child support resources.
For more information or to request technical assistance on state or federal child support policies and programs, please send a message to Children & Families staff. As a membership organization serving state legislators and legislative staff, we do not respond to inquiries or provide legal advice related to individual child support or family law cases.