Definitions of Terms used in this Database:
- Child Care Subsidy & Quality – Includes legislation relating to child care regulation, standards, background checks, health and safety and penalties.
- Financing – Includes legislation relating to pay-for-success, tax credits, funding mechanisms and subsidies.
- Governance – Includes legislation relating to advisory councils and boards, study committees and systems.
- Home Visiting – Includes legislation about home visiting programs and services.
- Prekindergarten & School Readiness – Includes legislation on early childhood education programs, school readiness, preschool and assessments.
- Prenatal, Infant & Toddlers – Includes legislation relating to prenatal screening, maternal health, safety, intervention and child well-being.
- Teachers & Workforce – Includes legislation on teacher training requirements, certification, professional development and workforce matters.
Notes about this Database:
- New feature as of 2015: The full text of bills is now available by clicking on the bill number. You must be registered for the NCSL website and logged in to view the text.
- To ensure the bill status reflects the appropriate year, please check the “Date of Last Action” field.
Bill summaries are current as of date of legislative passage and may not include provisions not approved by governors. For questions, comments, additions or corrections, please contact Early Care and Education staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 303-364-7700.