NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
New Scope of Practice Website: A Resource for Policymakers
Friday, May 12, 2017
View the Webinar
In this webinar, participants:
- Explored the ways state policymakers address health care practitioners’ scope of practice requirements.
- Examined the role of state health agencies in scope of practice issues.
- Discovered how federal agencies impact regulation of scope of practice.
Participants also learned about the new ScopeofPracticePolicy.org website, designed by the NCSL and ASTHO to provide information about scope of practice policy issues.
- Sydne Enlund, policy associate, NCSL
- Senator Deb Soholt, RN, South Dakota
- Andy Baker-White, J.D., M.P.H., senior director, State Health Policy, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Denni Woodmansee, M.S, PA-C, director, Physician Assistant Services, Office of the ADUSH for Patient Care Services, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Christine Engstrom, Ph.D., CRNP, AOCN, FAANP, director, Clinical Practice, Office of Nursing, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs