This webinar was recorded at the 2018 NCSL Legislative Summit in Los Angeles. It offers audio and a PowerPoint presentation of the session.
Latest Ideas for Fixing Health Insurance Markets
A record 216 million Americans rely on some type of commercial or private health insurance. Yet an array of pending major changes divide and confuse the public, who expect legislators to help them understand what’s next. How can lawmakers—in their roles as health insurance regulators and purchasers, and voices of their constituents—play an effective role in getting to the next phase? Hear from experts and join the dialogue.
- Rachel Nuzum, The Commonwealth Fund, Washington, D.C.
- Leanne Gassaway, America's Health Insurance Plans, Washington, D.C.
- Justin Giovannelli, J.D., Georgetown University Health Policy Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Brian Shiozawa, M.D., U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Colorado
- Brian Webb, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), Washington, D.C.
View the Webinar