Through this interactive database, the National Conference of State Legislatures provides up-to-date information about injury prevention legislation that has been introduced or enacted in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Legislation is searchable by state, topic, keyword, year, status or primary sponsor.
Injury prevention topics related to prescription drug abuse include:
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs
- Prescribing Guidelines and Limits
- Provider Education or Training
- Rescue Drugs (i.e., Naloxone)
- Pain Clinics and Pain Management
- Other Prescription Drug Abuse Topics
The database also tracks four other injury and violence prevention topics:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Older Adult Falls
- Teen Dating Violence
- Traumatic Brain Injury
For more information on the topics, please see the table below the database. For injury prevention related to traffic safety, please see NCSL's State Traffic Safety Legislation Database.