NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
Health Care Waivers: 1332-State Relief and Empowerment Waivers Webinar
This webinar provides an overview of recent proposals made by the administration regarding changes to 1332 waivers, now referred to as State Relief and Empowerment Waivers, which can be used to modify key parts of the Affordable Care Act. Join NCSL and policy experts for a discussion on how these waivers are intended to help state marketplaces and increase consumers’ access to coverage at a reasonable cost.
NCSL hosted this webinar in partnership with the Department of Health and Human Service, The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services and The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight (CCIIO).
VIEW THE WEBINAR
- Lina Rashid, MS, senior policy adviser to the deputy director of CCIIO
- Michelle Koltov, MPH, senior policy adviser to the deputy director of CCIIO
- Randy Pate, CMS deputy administrator and director of CCIIO
- J.P. Wieske, former deputy insurance commissioner at Office of Commissioner of Insurance, Wisconsin
- Thomas Middleton, former state senator Maryland