Monday, Feb. 15, 2021
Business interruption (BI) insurance is intended to help keep businesses afloat in case of a temporary closure; however, not all businesses purchase these policies and many policies have pandemic or virus exclusions. With COVID-19 forcing many businesses to close, state and federal policymakers are looking at options to offer business owners protection while not threatening insurer solvency. This webinar will discuss recent state legislation and federal proposals to create a recovery fund or federal backstop.
Sponsored by the NCSL Executive Committee Task Force on Insurance.
- Representative Brian Patrick Kennedy, Rhode Island
- Representative Kevin Petersen, Wisconsin
- Leon Buck, vice president, Government Relations Banking & Financial Services, National Retail Federation
- Richard Gibson, senior casualty fellow, American Academy of Actuaries
- Don Griffin, department vice president, American Property Casualty Insurance Association