Environmental Health Publications
In this section:
Contact the Program:
Environmental factors that influence human health are the cornerstone concerns of environmental health. These concerns include diverse factors such as childhood lead poisoning, asthma triggers, indoor air quality issues such as mold and radon, and exposure to asbestos and pesticides.
Children's Health and the Environment
General Environmental Health
- Environmental Health Databases, 2009-2013 Sessions
- National Prevention Strategy to Promote Environmental Health, Legis Brief by Doug Farquhar. June 2013.
- "A Sprouting Business." By Douglas Shinkle. State Legislatures Magazine. June 2013.
- "What You Should Know: Salmonella, Listeria, and E.coli - oh my!" By Doug Farquhar. State Legislatures Magazine, February 2013.
- "A Taste of Home." By Doug Farquhar. State Legislatures Magazine, May 2012.
- State Actions to Promote Healthy Communities and Prevent Childhood Obesity, a report by A. Winterfield, D. Shinkle, and L. Morandi. March 2012.
- Bringing Farmers' Markets to Underserved Communities, Legis Brief by Douglas Shinkle. November 2011.
- Health Impact Assessments Growing in Use, Legis Brief by Doug Farquhar. November 2011
- Food Safety Modernization Act, 2011
- Climate Change and Public Health, web brief by Doug Farquhar and Douglas Shinkle. July 2010.
Legislation and Statutes
Indoor Air Quality
Lead Hazards Project
State Chemical Policies