The Tribal Radioactive Materials Transportation Committee (TRMTC) held its midyear meeting virtually on Jan. 21, 2021. The TRMTC engages tribal governments interested in or impacted by the broad spectrum of the Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear energy activities related to shipments of radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel.
This meeting brought together TRMTC members with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Environmental Management, DOE Office of Nuclear Energy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Representatives from the state regional groups also presented at this meeting. The composition of TRMTC offers a unique perspective on the broad range of issues surrounding transportation or storage of radioactive materials and spent nuclear fuel. NCSL provides staff support to this committee through a cooperative agreement with the DOE.
- Tribal Executive Session
- TRMTC Business Session
- DOE Program Updates & Discussion | Presentation 1 | Presentation 2
- NRC discussion on interim storage facilities and readiness for shipments | Presentation
- Presentation by TRMTC Emergency Management Subcommittee
- State Regional Group Updates
- Discussion on future TRMTC projects