April 30-May 1, 2019 | Denver, Colo.
The Nuclear Energy Tribal Working Group (NETWG) is a chartered working group, focused on engaging tribal governments interested in the broad spectrum of the Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear energy activities.
NETWG held its second meeting of 2019 from April 30-May 1, 2019 at the NCSL office in Denver. Representatives from nine tribes attended the meeting and were joined by officials from the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Nuclear Energy.
Representatives from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Western State Energy Board presented at the meeting.
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Opening prayer
- Overview of meeting priorities
DOE Program Updates
- Jay Jones, Physical Scientist, DOE-NE
- NCSL will provide an update on NETWG projects/accomplishments along with an update on relevant policy and other items of interest.
Tribal Roundtable: Updates and Report on Current Programs and Initiatives
NETWG STEM White Paper Update
- Melinda Higgins, Nuclear Energy Tribal STEM Advisor | Presentation
- NETWG subcommittee on STEM
- Millennial Nuclear Caucus Discussion
National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) Presentation
- Jordan Cox, Postdoctoral Researcher in Renewable-Nuclear Hybrid Energy Systems, NREL
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
WIEB – HLRW Classification Process
Melanie Snyder, Program Manager, High-Level Radioactive Waste, Western Interstate Energy Board |Presentation
NETWG Workplan Updates