The Nuclear Energy Tribal Working Group (NETWG) held its first quarter meeting Jan. 21-22, 2020 at the Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town in Scottsdale, Ariz. NETWG is a chartered working group, focused on engaging tribal governments interested in the broad spectrum of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear energy activities.
Representatives from 10 tribes attended the meeting and were joined by officials from the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Nuclear Energy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The Canadian Nuclear Waste Management Organization (NWMO) also presented at this meeting.
Agenda Overview | Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020
- NETWG Business Session
- DOE Program Update and Discussion of NETWG Priorities and Future Meetings
- Canadian Nuclear Waste Management Organization: Reconciliation and Interweaving Indigenous Knowledge at NWMO | Presentation
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission: Consolidated Interim Storage and Program Updates | Presentation
- Recent Developments in Advanced Nuclear Technologies
Agenda Overview | Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020
- NETWG Business Session: Discussion of DOE-NE and NETWG priorities