To provide the U.S. Department of Energy with Tribal input on programs and activities relating to the transportation and storage of radioactive materials and spent nuclear fuel.
The TRMTC, formerly known as the Tribal Caucus, consists of members of 18 active tribes that meet semi-annually to plan and discuss topics relevant for the National Transportation Stakeholders Forum (NTSF). NTSF is the mechanism through which the Department of Energy (DOE) communicates at a national level with tribes and states about the shipments of radioactive waste and materials. NTSF meetings focus specifically on discussing packaging and transportation, emergency management, security, inspection and enforcement, and radiation protection.
TRMTC Member Tribes
- September 23, 2020 | Virtual Meeting
- Jan. 23-24, 2020 | Scottsdale, Ariz.
- June 10, 2019 | Arlington, Va.
- Jan. 23-25, 2019 | Arlington, Va.
- June 4-7, 2018 | Omaha, Neb.
- Jan. 24-26, 2017 | Omaha, Neb.
- Jun. 5-8, 2017 | Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Jan. 25-26, 2017 | Charlotte, N.C.
- Jun. 6-9, 2016 | Orlando, Fla.
- Jan. 26-27, 2016 | Palm Springs, Calif.
- Jan. 28-29, 2015 | San Diego, Calif.
- May 12-14, 2015 | Albuquerque, N.M.
- May 13-15, 2014 | Bloomington, Minn.