The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Indian Energy (IE) held online the 4th Quarter Meeting of the Indian Country Energy and Infrastructure Working Group (ICEIWG), Dec. 9, 2020. Nearly 30 participants joined the two-and-half-hour virtual meeting via Zoom.
Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2020
Welcoming Remarks from ICEIWG Co-Chairs
- Jana Ganion, sustainability and government affairs director, Blue Lake Rancheria
- Kevin R. Frost, director, Office of Indian Energy (IE), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- Everett Waller, chairman, Osage Minerals Council, Osage Nation
State of the Office of Indian Energy
- Kevin R. Frost, director, U.S. DOE-IE
Tribal Leader Roundtable – all Tribal members gave a brief overview of their current activities and top two energy priorities.
IE Tribal Leader Workshop Series For 2021
In 2021 DOE-IE announced it will conduct a series of technical workshops/listening sessions across the Country and/or online, similar to those hosted in the 12 different regions of Alaska. A short discussion was held about the overall design and approach including how tribal leaders could best benefit from these educational and networking opportunities.
- Moderator: Kevin R. Frost, director, U.S. DOE-IE
Vision and Volunteers for ICEIWG Legislative Subcommittee
A brief discussion was held around topics of interest, volunteers and goals for the Legislative Subcommittee ahead of its first meeting in January (TBD).
- Nicole Borromeo, executive vice president and general counsel, Alaska Federation of Natives
- Albert “Brandt” Petrasek, senior advisor, DOE-IE
Final Remarks and Closing Business
- Jana Ganion and Kevin R. Frost, ICEIWG Co-Chairs
ICEIWG will come together for its Q1 Meeting on Jan. 28, 2021, via Zoom.