Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020 | 1 p.m. ET/ Noon CT/ 11 a.m. MT/ 10 a.m. PT
NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
There is a lot at play in state elections this year. What will voters say? As always, NCSL is ready to share a full breakdown of what the election outcomes mean for states. Join us for this unique post-election analysis and discussion.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- Tim Storey, NCSL executive director
- Wendy Underhill, NCSL director of Elections and Redistricting
- Amanda Zoch, NCSL policy specialist
- Ben Williams, NCSL policy specialist
- 1-1:05 p.m. ET | What to Expect Today
- 1:05-1:30 p.m. | 2020 State Ballot Measures
- More than 100 questions are on state ballots for Nov. 3. NCSL’s Amanda Zoch has been studying these issues for months and offers a comprehensive overview on how voters reacted to measures on health, taxes, criminal justice, guns, elections, gambling, marijuana and other issues. She provides a summary you won’t get anywhere else.
- Speaker: Amanda Zoch
- 1:30-2 p.m. | 2020 State Election Analysis
- Is major political change coming to the states? Voters will have decided on nearly 6,000 state legislative elections and 11 governors’ races. How did their decisions affect America’s state legislatures and the issues they’ll consider in 2021 and beyond? And how will they affect the redistricting process? Tim Storey, NCSL’s executive director, provides his unique perspective.
- Speaker: Tim Storey
- 2-2:25 p.m. | How State Election Laws Fared in 2020
- State election laws were put under the microscope in the weeks leading up to the presidential election as the candidates and others expressed concerns about the voting process. Some states made changes in registration, mail-in voting and other areas. Wendy Underhill, the leader of NCSL’s election team, provides an analysis of key takeaways and what they mean following the elections.
- Speaker: Wendy Underhill
- 2:25-2:45 p.m. | Additional Q&A