2010 Spring Forum - Washington, D.C.
State Efforts to "Race to the Top" Session - April 9, 2010
NCSL Contacts: Michelle Exstrom and David Shreve
In competition for federal education dollars, 40 states and the District of Columbia charted out education reforms and passed supporting legislation to become eligible for the competitive grants in "Race to the Top." Two states werte awarded funding in Phase 1 of 2 phases—Tennessee and Delaware. During this session, we will review reforms proposed in the applications and hear from states about their efforts to secure federal Race to the Top funding.
- Representative Rae Ann Kelsch, North Dakota
- Representative Mark Maddox, Tennessee
- Joanne Weiss, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C.
View Joanne Weiss's Power Point Presentation
- Andy Smarick, Thomas B. Fordham Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Richard Long, National Title I Directors Association, Washington, D.C.