NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
Lessons from World-Class Career-Technical Education Systems: Vocational Education and Training in Switzerland
The employer-driven Swiss VET system is widely considered to be one of the most effective systems of career-technical education in the world. This webinar will introduce participants to the goals, outcomes, and governance of the Swiss VET system. It will also provide an analytical framework for comparing and measuring elements of other VET (or CTE) systems.
In 2016, NCSL’s groundbreaking report, No Time to Lose: How to Build a World Class Education System State-by-State found that top performing countries have a set of four elements in common, including:
- Children come to school ready to learn and extra support is given to struggling students.
- A world-class teaching profession that provides highly effective teachers to all students.
- A highly effective and intellectually rigorous system of career- technical education (CTE).
- Individual reforms that are connected and aligned as parts of a clearly planned and carefully designed comprehensive systems.
This webinar is the first in a three-part series diving into element No. 3: CTE.
View the Webinar
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- Joellen Kralik, policy specialist, NCSL Education Program
- Dr. Ursula Renold, Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich
- Dr. Katherine Caves, Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich