NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
How States Are Implementing Early Learning that Reflects Top-Performing Countries
In this webinar, experts from the Learning Policy Institute will take a close look at four states that are implementing early learning policies and practices that reflect what we know matters from top-performing countries. Building off what we learned in the first webinar in this series on early learning, we will look closely at examples of state policy designed to ensure quality in state preschool programs, support a strong early learning workforce, and combine and coordinate early learning programming and funding.
In 2016, NCSL’s groundbreaking report “No Time to Lose: How to Build a World Class Education System State-by-State” found that top performing countries have a set of four elements in common, including:
- Children come to school ready to learn and extra support is given to struggling students.
- A world-class teaching profession that provides highly effective teachers to all students.
- A highly effective and intellectually rigorous system of career-technical education (CTE).
- Individual reforms that are connected and aligned as parts of a clearly planned and carefully designed comprehensive systems.
This webinar is the second in a two-part series diving into element No. 1: Early Learning.
View the Webinar
- Marjorie Wechsler, Learning Policy Institute
- Madelyn Gardner, Learning Policy Institute