The NCSL Postsecondary Education Team is launching a series of six in-depth meetings on state higher education impacts related to COVID-19.
These meetings will feature NCSL staff and other experts. Participants will also have the opportunity to share what’s happening in their state, ask questions, and let NCSL staff know how they can be of further assistance.
The meetings are open to all legislators and staff and NCSL partner organizations. Contact Sunny Deye for information on how to join.
Upcoming Virtual Meetings
- The Role of Community Colleges During and After the Pandemic | August 21
- Work-Ready Credentials as a Strategy to Help State Economies Bounce Back | September 18
- State Policy Solutions to the Student Debt Crisis | October 16
- Strengthening Student Protections in a Time of Increased College Closures | November 20
- Student Financial Wellness – State Policy to Support Today’s Students | December 18
Previous Virtual Meetings
- How the Pandemic is Exacerbating Inequities in Higher Ed (and What States Can Do) | July 17
- Guest Speakers: Tiffany Jones, Ed Trust. Angie Paccione, Colorado Department of Higher Education. Representative Teresa Alonso Leon, Oregon
- View Recording and View Slideshow
- Additional Resources
- Higher Education and Distance Learning | May 15
- Higher Education in Crisis | May 12
NCSL Postsecondary Education Resources
- Federal Government Resources
- Partner Organization Resources