2010 Spring Forum - Washington, D.C.
Federal Update: Education Task Force Report and Career and Technical Education Session - April 9, 2010
NCSL Contacts: David Shreve and Robert Strange
The first part of this session will update committeee members on federal legislative activity, including ESEA reauthorization and the final report of the NCSL Task Force on Federal Education Policy. The second part will examine the role of Carl D. Perkins formula grants to states for career and technical education and explore connections between associated programs and the workforce system.
- Representative Betty Komp, Oregon
Vice Chair, NCSL Standing Committee on Education
Speakers: Session 1
- David Shreve, National Conference of State Legislatures, Washington, D.C.
- Robert Strange, National Conference of State Legislatures, Washington, D.C.
Speakers: Session 2
- Glenn Cummings, Office of Vocational and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C.
- Wendy Kang, Workforce Policy and Evaluation, Virginia Community College System
- Sharon Miller, Office of Academic and Technical Education, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C.
View this session's Power Point Presentation