NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
Empowered Educators: What We Can Learn From Teaching in High Performing Systems
Among the strategies that top-performing international systems have pursued, none have been more important than the policies they have developed to ensure that high-quality teaching takes place in every classroom, in every school, for every child. In order to find out how they did that, a team of researchers investigated seven jurisdictions across four continents, producing a landmark, international comparative study of teaching and teaching quality in the world's top-performing education systems: Empowered Educators. In this webinar, four of these preeminent researchers will discuss the policies and practices jurisdictions including Singapore, Canada, and Shanghai-China have used to recruit, prepare, induct, support and retain world-class teachers.
view the webinar
- Marc Tucker, president and CEO, National Center on Education and the Economy
- Linda Darling-Hammond, president, Learning Policy Institute and Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education Emeritus, Stanford University
- Carol Campbell, associate professor, Leadership and Educational Change, and director, Knowledge Network for Applied Education (KNAER), University of Ontario
- A. Lin Goodwin, Evenden professor of education, vice dean, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Mistilina Sato, associate professor, Teacher Development and Science Education, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities