NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
CareerWise: Colorado Youth Apprenticeship Inspired by Swiss VET
Drawing its inspiration from the Swiss VET system, CareerWise launched a modern youth apprenticeship system in Colorado. This webinar will provide participants with an in-depth understanding of why and how CareerWise came to be within the Colorado policy context.
In 2016, NCSL’s groundbreaking report No Time to Lose: How to Build a World Class Education System State-by-State found that top performing countries have a set of four elements in common, including:
- Children come to school ready to learn and extra support is given to struggling students.
- A world-class teaching profession that provides highly effective teachers to all students.
- A highly effective and intellectually rigorous system of career-technical education (CTE).
- Individual reforms that are connected and aligned as parts of a clearly planned and carefully designed comprehensive systems.
This webinar is the second in a three-part series diving into element No. 3: CTE.
View the Webinar
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- Joellen Kralik, policy specialst, NCSL Education Program
- Gretchen Morgan, president, CareerWise