NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
Afterschool Program Quality: What States are Doing to Help Drive Quality Forward
Various pieces of research show linkages between high-quality afterschool programs and positive outcomes, including gains in academic performance, improved school attendance, increased student engagement and reductions in problem behavior. Research also tells us that afterschool programs are most effective when they are evidence-based and of high quality. In other words, supporting program quality can be a way to ensure programs are on the path to seeing these positive outcomes.
Hear from afterschool quality expert, Jaime Singer of the American Institutes for Research, who shares the findings of her landscape of quality systems scan of the 50 states. Then we explore from various perspectives how Utah is boosting afterschool program quality through various pieces of legislation and a key study.
This webinar was sponsored by the C.S. Mott Foundation.
View the Webinar
- Ashley Wallace, program director, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Jaime Singer, senior consultant, American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Ben Trentelman, director of operations, Utah Afterschool Network
- Wynn Shooter, Ph.D., assistant director, Utah Education Policy Center
- Senator Luz Escamilla (D), Utah Senate