The Nation’s Largest Bipartisan Gathering of State Legislatures
Denver — With more than 100 in-depth educational sessions on topics ranging from infrastructure, workforce and the economy to policing, Supreme Court actions and elections, the National Conference of State Legislatures’ annual Legislative Summit convenes Aug. 1-3 at the Colorado Convention Center.
More than 5,000 attendees hailing from every state make the NCSL Legislative Summit the largest gathering of state lawmakers and legislative staff in the country. The Legislative Summit provides a platform for legislators, staff and other public policy professionals to learn from experts, as well as each other, about solutions to the states’ most pressing issues.
Attendees at the 47th annual Legislative Summit will hear from a variety of speakers, including:
- Molly Bloom, author of the bestselling memoir “Molly’s Game”
- Matthew Dominick, astronaut, NASA’s Artemis Team
- Joe Garcia, chancellor of the Colorado Community College System and former Colorado lieutenant governor
- Susan Howard, director of policy and government relations for the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- Clint Hurdle, former manager of Major League Baseball’s Colorado Rockies and Pittsburgh Pirates
- Missy Franklin Johnson, renowned swimmer who won five Olympic gold medals
- Robert L. Santos, 26th director of the U.S. Census Bureau
- Donna Washington, award-winning storyteller, artist-educator and author
Other Summit session highlights include:
- Building With Billions: An Infrastructure Update
- Economic Outlook: A Rocky Road Ahead?
- Growing Fields of Data: Public Health and Cannabis Policy
- How to Find and Keep Talent in the Great Reshuffle
- Policing: A High-Tech Perspective
- Supreme Court Center Stage
- 2022 Election Crystal Ball
Reflective of its national membership, NCSL’s Legislative Summit is held in a different city each year. This year’s Summit is projected to generate more than $12 million in economic activity in Denver and take up more than 12,000 room nights.
All meetings held in conjunction with NCSL’s Legislative Summit are open to the press. Registration is required, but free to credentialed members of the media. Online registration is open; on-site registration for media is available between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Colorado Convention Center. Please review NCSL’s media policy before registering.
NCSL is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staffs of the states, commonwealths and territories. It provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues and is an effective and respected advocate for the interests of the states in the American federal system.