01/30/2018 – Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan announced they would be creating a joint health insurance program for all their employees in the United States. It is unclear if this would mean creating an online directory of providers, negotiating drug prices for their plans or develop an online medical advice tool for their employees. Combined the three companies cover 1 million people, a number while significant doesn’t compare to the private insurance market that runs employer plans for tens of millions of Americans.
For more information on NCSL’s Health and Human Services Standing Committee State-Federal Affairs activities, please visit our website, or email Haley Nicholson or Abbie Gruwell.
NCSL's Advocacy in Washington
NCSL's Washington staff advocate Congress, the White House, and federal agencies on behalf of state legislatures in accord with the policy directives and resolutions that are recommended by the NCSL Standing Committees and adopted by the full conference at the annual NCSL Legislative Summit Business Meeting. As a result of the advocacy that is guided by these policies positions, NCSL is recognized as a formidable lobbying force in state-federal relations.
NCSL Staff in Washington, D.C.
- Molly Ramsdell | 202-624-3584 | Director
- Jake Lestock | 202-624-8171 | Budgets and Revenue
- Danielle Dean | 202-624-8698 | Communications, Financial Services
- Susan Frederick | 202-624-3566 | Law, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety
- Abbie Gruwell | 202-624-3569 | Human Services
- Ben Husch | 202-624-7779 | Natural Resources and Infrastructure
- Jon Jukuri | 202-624-8663 | Labor, Economic Development and International Trade
- Haley Nicholson | 202-624-8662 | Health
- Joan Wodiska | 202-624-3558 | Education