Also of Note …
- Scoop: Trump team considers nationalizing 5G network—AXIOS
- How Trump may end up expanding Medicaid, whether he means to or not
“Republican lawmakers in a half-dozen states are launching fresh efforts to expand Medicaid, the nation’s health insurance program for the poor, as party holdouts who had blocked the expansion say they’re now open to it because of Trump administration guidelines allowing states to impose new requirements that program recipients work to get benefits.”—Washington Post
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is stepping down from the bureau—Fox News
- The U.S. military reviews its rules as new details of U.S. soldiers and bases emerge—Washington Post
Read the Jan. 22, 2017 Capitol-to-Capitol.
Have ideas or suggestions for how Capitol-to-Capitol can be improved? Please take two minutes to let us know in this very short survey
We are always looking for interesting trivia about states, legislatures and American history. If you have some great facts, don't keep them to yourself. Let us know by clicking thislink. We will likely include them in a future edition of Capitol to Capitol!
If you have comments or suggestions regarding Capitol-to-Capitol, please contact Max Behlke.
NCSL's Advocacy in Washington
NCSL's Washington staff advocate Congress, the White House, and federal agencies on behalf of state legislatures in accord with the policy directives and resolutions that are recommended by the NCSL Standing Committees and adopted by the full conference at the annual NCSL Legislative Summit Business Meeting. As a result of the advocacy that is guided by these policies positions, NCSL is recognized as a formidable lobbying force in state-federal relations.
NCSL Staff in Washington, D.C.
- Neal Osten | 202-624-8660 | Molly Ramsdell | 202-624-3584 | Directors
- Max Behlke | 202-624-3586 | Budgets and Revenue
- Danielle Dean | 202-624-8698 | Communications, Financial Services
- Susan Frederick | 202-624-3566 | Law, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety
- Ben Husch | 202-624-7779 | Natural Resources and Infrastructure
- Jon Jukuri | 202-624-8663 | Labor, Economic Development and International Trade
- Haley Nicholson | 202-624-8662 | Health
- Ethan Wilson | 202-624-8686 | Commerce and Financial Services
- Joan Wodiska | 202-624-3558 | Education