Nominate an NLSSA member for the Legislative Staff Achievement Award
The NLSSA Awards Committee is seeking nominations for NCSL's Legislative Staff Achievement Award (LSAA). The Legislative Staff Achievement Award may be given to an individual or an office from each NCSL staff association in recognition of their legislative work.
Do you know of an NLSSA member, or services or security office in a legislature, who has demonstrated a commitment to services, security, NLSSA, NCSL or their legislature? If so, please submit a one-page nomination to the NLSSA Awards Committee explaining why the individual or office should receive this award. All nominations must be received by Friday, May 6, 2022.
LSAA recipients should demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
- Helps improve the effectiveness of the legislative institution.
- Supports the legislative process and the mission of the legislature.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, competence and integrity in serving the legislature and the public.
- Contributes to the work of the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Demonstrates expertise in a particular field.
- Contributes to existing knowledge.
- Contributes to the success of NLSSA.
Nominations can be addressed to the NLSSA Awards Committee and sent directly to Angela Andrews.
NCSL will announce the recipients of the 2022 Legislative Staff Achievement Awards this summer. NLSSA honorees will be recognized at both NCSL’s 2022 Legislative Summit in Denver (Aug. 1-3) and at the 2022 NLSSA Annual Training Conference.