Legislative Research Librarians
Legislative Staff Achievement Award
Chair - Betsy Haugen, Minn.
Karen Mau (HI)
Chrissy Heider (AR).
Nominations are now open for the 2022 LRL Legislative Staff Achivement Awards!
The annual Legislative Staff Achievement Award was created by the Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee to recognize excellence in supporting the work of a state legislature and strengthening the legislative institution. Each staff section associated with NCSL may name up to two recipients–individuals, teams or legislative offices–for recognition each year. Recipients of the 2022 awards are presented with a plaque and are recognized by the NCSL Staff Chair during the Salute to Legislative Staff session at the NCSL Legislative Summit and the annual LRL Business Meeting.
Deadline for nominations is Friday, May 6th.
All members of LRL and legislative libraries are eligible for this award. Nominations may be submitted by the nominee, their coworkers or by other members of the staff association. The criteria for consideration are:
The librarian who has:
- Provided outstanding support to the state legislature or legislative institution
- Provided outstanding support to NCSL or the LRL Staff Association
- Enhanced the profession of special librarianship within the legislative context
- Demonstrated innovative approaches to the field of legislative librarianship
- Made a major creative contribution to enhance legislative library services in one or more of the following areas:
- organization of information
- integration of the library into the legislative process
- excellent research products
- excellence in reference services
- managerial expertise
- information technology
The library that has:
- Provided outstanding support or assistance to NCSL, or the LRL Staff Association
- Maintained a professional, qualified staff
- Actively participated in professional library associations
- Contributed significantly to major developments in the field of legislative librarianship
- Demonstrated creativity in several of the following areas:
- maintaining a collection that meets legislative needs
- orienting new patrons to library services
- targeting services to meet legislative needs
- integrating new technologies into legislative services
- alerting patrons to information resources
For additional information regarding the LRL Legislative Staff Achievement Award, please contact Megan McClure, NCSL Staff Liaison to LRL, by telephone (303-856-1355) or email.