Legislative Staff Achievement Award
Nominations for the 2022 Legislative Staff Achievement Award from the Research, Editorial, Legal and Committee Staff association (RELACS) are now being accepted.
The Legislative Staff Achievement Award (LSAA) was instituted in 1997 by the Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee, as a means for the NCSL to annually recognize legislative staff or offices that have demonstrated excellence in supporting the work of a state legislature and strengthening the legislative institution, and in contributing to the work of NCSL. The awards have added meaning in that they are bestowed by the recipients’ peers through each of the NCSL staff organizations and the NCSL Staff Chair.
Each staff organization may name up to two recipients—individuals, teams, or legislative offices—for recognition each year. RELACS honorees will be recognized at the NCSL “Salute to Legislative Staff” event during the NCSL Legislative Summit (Aug. 1-3, 2022 - Denver, Colo.).
RELACS LSAA Criteria
All members of the Research, Editorial, Legal and Committee Staff association (RELACS) are eligible for this award. Examples of accomplishments recognized by RELACS for the Legislative Staff Achievement Award include the following:
- Exhibiting a high degree of professionalism, competence, and integrity in serving the legislature and the public.
- Helping to improve the effectiveness of the legislative institution.
- Supporting the legislative process and the mission of the legislature.
- Contributing to the work of the National Conference of State Legislatures or the Research, Editorial, Legal and Committee Staff association.
- Demonstrating expertise in a particular field.
- Contributing to existing knowledge.
Nominations should briefly address how the nominee meets the above criteria.
See past winning members.
Make a Nomination
Send nominations by Friday, May 6, 2022, to the NCSL liaison to RELACS: Kae Warnock. RELACS honorees will be recognized at the “Salute to Legislative Staff” event during NCSL’s Legislative Summit (Aug. 1-3, 2022 – Denver, Colo.).
Thank you for considering the nomination of a deserving RELACS member!