NCSL Webinars allow attendees to participate in meetings taking place around the world from the comfort of their desk. They are collaborative, interactive and easy to use.
Most webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend the live meeting.
Two Outstanding Research Methods
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Each year, the National Legislative Program Evaluation Society recognizes up to three offices for reports that demonstrate outstanding use of evaluation research methods. In 2016, the Louisiana Legislative Auditor and the Colorado Office of the State Auditor won Excellence in Research Methods awards. During this webinar, Louisiana and Colorado audit staffers explain their award-winning methods.
Louisiana staff ers describe their method to measure how lottery ticket sales respond to changes in the prize payout percentage and how this method can be applied to estimate how a change in policy will affect outcomes in a variety of settings.
Colorado staffers describe how they applied GIS-based methods to the local sales tax system and how this method can be used to identify, analyze and communicate patterns and relationships that have a spatial dimension.
View the Webinar
- Linda Triplett, director of Mississippi PEER Committee's Performance Accountability Office and NLPES vice chair
- Edward Seyler, senior research methodologist, Louisiana Legislative Auditor Performance Audit Services.
- Christina Wilson, senior auditor, Louisiana Legislative Auditor Performance Audit Services.
- Christopher Harless, legislative performance auditor and team leader with Colorado Office of the State Auditor.
- Torry van Slyke, legislative performance auditor and team leade, Colorado Office of the State Auditor.