Issues Covered by This Site
This section of the NLPES Audit Report Library includes audit reports about emergency preparedness, public safety, state troopers, firefighters, police, EMTs, disaster planning and operations and other related issues.
Instructions for Using the Report Library
To access any report listed below, go to the legislative program evaluation or performance audit agency's website. A link to the agency is provided at the end of each report citation. If you cannot locate the report, contact Brenda Erickson or the NLPES key contact for that office.
- Toll Bridge Seismic Retrofit Program: The State Could Save Millions of Dollars Annually by Implementing Lessons Learned (August 2018), Report 2018-104, California State Auditor’s Office
- "Kansas Wildfire Management: Evaluating the Adequacy of Kansas’ Wildfire Suppression System" (June 2018), R-18-007, Kansas Legislative Division of Post Audit
- "Kansas 911 System" (December 2018), R-18-019, Kansas Legislative Division of Post Audit
- "Bureau of Fire Services and State Fire Marshal" (March 2018), 641-0434-13F, Michigan Office of the Auditor General
- "Offender Management System" (July 2018), 471-0593-17, Michigan Office of the Auditor General
- "Facility Closures and Consolidations" (December 2018), 471-0375-11F, Michigan Office of the Auditor General
- E-911 Program Update (March 2018), #18-01, New Mexico Legislative Finance Committee
- "VIPER and FirstNet are Vital for Public Safety Interoperability, but VIPER Requires Upgrades" (April 2018), North Carolina Program Evaluation Division
- Texas Military Department (April 2018), Texas Sunset Advisory Commission
- Department of Public Safety (April 2018), Texas Sunset Advisory Commission
- "Wildfire Suppression Funding and Costs" (January 2018), Washington Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee