2010 Legislative Staff Achievement Awards
The NCSL Legislative Staff Sections and the Education Staff Network annually present Legislative Staff Achievement Awards to recognize staff excellence in supporting the work of a state legislature and strengthening the legislative institution. Each of the staff sections may make two awards, and each decides the criteria for its awards. The staff chair of the NCSL Standing Committees also may name two award recipients. Examples of accomplishments recognized by the Legislative Staff Achievement Award include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to improve the effectiveness of the legislative institution.
- Supporting the legislative process and the mission of the legislature.
- Exhibiting a high degree of professionalism, competence and integrity in serving the legislature and the public.
- Contributing to the work of the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Demonstrating expertise in a particular field.
- Contributing to existing knowledge.
Complete Document with Photos (20 pages). To view PDF files, you must install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Standing Committee Staff Chair's Awards
- Michael P. Adams, Director, Legislative Information Services, Colorado General Assembly
- Scott Kaiser, Assistant Secretary of the Senate, Illinois General Assembly
American Society of Legislative Clerks and Secretaries (ASLCS)
- McDowell Lee, Secretary of the Senate, Alabama Legislature
- Patsy Spaw, Secretary of the Senate, Texas Legislature
Leadership Staff Section (LSS)
- Mary Sue Jones, Administrative and Fiscal Assistant, Office of the President Pro Tem, Idaho Senate
Legal Services Staff Section (LSSS)
- William Gilkeson, Principal Legislative Analyst and Staff Attorney, Research Division, North Carolina General Assembly
- Richard Sweet, Senior Staff Attorney, Wisconsin Legislative Council
Legislative Education Staff Network (LESN)
- Helen James, Senior Legislative Attorney, Office of Legal Services, Tennessee General Assembly
Legislative Information and Communications Staff (LINCS)
- Gwen Bailey, Deputy Clerk of the Senate, Virginia General Assembly
Legislative Research Librarians Staff Section (LRL)
- Anne G Rottmann, Librarian, Legislative Library, Missouri General Assembly
National Association of Legislative Fiscal Offices (NALFO)
- William Marx, Chief Fiscal Analyst, House of Representatives, Minnesota Legislature
- Taryn Purdy, Principal Fiscal Analyst, Legislative Fiscal Division, Montana Legislature
National Association of Legislative Information Technology (NALIT)
- Terri Clark, Assistant Director for Infrastructure, Kansas Legislature
- The team of Mark Allred, Richard Amon and Stan Eckersley, Utah Legislature
National Legislative Program Evaluation Society (NLPES)
- George L. Schroeder, South Carolina Legislative Audit Council (retired)
- Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, Florida Legislature
National Legislative Services and Security Association (NLSSA)
- Lieutenant Ken Scheer, Texas Department of Safety
Research and Committee Staff Section (RACSS)
- David Ortbahn, Principal Research Analyst, Legislative Research Council, South Dakota Legislature