National Association of Legislative Information Technology (NALIT) Standing Orders
Permanent Standing Orders
Permanent activities of the Association that shall be maintained in the standing orders include, but are not limited to:
NALIT Legislative Staff Achievement Awards:
- An awards committee shall be appointed by the Chair, consisting of the immediate past award recipients.
- In the event the immediate past award recipients cannot serve, the Chair shall appoint alternate committee members.
- The awards committee shall solicit nominations and recommend award recipients to the NALIT Executive Committee for final approval. In the event of a tie vote between the members of the award committee, the Chair shall have the power to cast the deciding vote.
- Legislative Staff Achievement Award recipients shall be recognized at the NCSL Annual Meeting, according to guidelines recommended by NCSL.
Professional Development Seminar (PDS) Fund:
- NCSL has granted this special fund to NALIT. Funds raised for a professional development seminar that remain after all expenses have been paid may be carried over for use in the next year’s seminar. Profits from exhibits or registration are excluded.
- The NCSL staff contact shall monitor the fund and shall make an annual report to the Executive Committee no later than at the next annual meeting. A synopsis of the report shall be included in the standing orders addendum.
- Website guidelines shall be developed for frequency of updates, contents, ADA compliance, and other matters as required.
- A website committee shall be appointed by the Chair and shall make an annual report to the members at the annual meeting. A synopsis of the report shall be included in the standing orders addendum.
Appointment of Standing Committees
- When standing committees (other than the nominating committee or the awards committee) are appointed by the Chair, the purpose of the committee, the names of the committee members, and the length of their appointments shall be recorded in the standing orders addendum.
- Any standing or special committee shall make an annual report to the members at the annual meeting. A synopsis of the report shall be included in the standing orders addendum.