The NALIT Awards Committee is now seeking nominations for the 2022 NALIT Legislative Staff Achievement Awards (LSAA).
Do you know a team that delivered software that made life easier for legislators or saved staff hours per week? Or a team that works all hours to make sure the network is up and secure? Perhaps an individual who has dedicated a career to translating legislative business needs to technologists and technologists to members and staff? Or a NALIT member who has dedicated time and effort to promote the NALIT mission and its contributions to legislatures and legislative information technology? Please take this opportunity to recognize the outstanding work done by NALIT members.
Please send a message describing why you think your nominee deserves recognition no later than Friday, May 6, 2022, to Kae Warnock, NCSL Liaison to NALIT. Please be sure to address how the nominee meets the criteria.
Beginning in 1997, each of the NCSL staff professional associations were given the opportunity to recognize among their membership two legislative staff or agencies who made outstanding contributions to their legislatures and to the staff association.
The award was established through the Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee to recognize excellence in service to state legislatures. In addition to the staff professional association honorees, the staff chair(s) of the NCSL Standing Committees may select up to two additional award recipients.
The NALIT Legislative Staff Achievement Award was created to recognize excellence in supporting the work of a state legislature and strengthening the legislative institution. Recipients are recognized for:
- Helping to improve the effectiveness of the legislative institution.
- Supporting the legislative process and the mission of the legislature.
- Exhibiting a high degree of professionalism, competence, and integrity in serving the legislature and the public.
- Contributing to the work of the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Contributing to the National Association of Legislative Information Technology.
- Contributing to existing knowledge/demonstrating expertise in a particular field.
For more information, contact Kae Warnock, NCSL Staff Liaison to NALIT.