NALIT Legislative Staff Achievement Award Nominations and Criteria
Do you know a team that delivered software that made life easier for legislators or saved staff hours per week? Or a team that works all hours to make sure the network is up and secure? Perhaps an individual who has dedicated a career to translating legislative business needs to technologists and technologists to members and staff? Or a NALIT member who has dedicated time and effort to promote the NALIT mission and its contributions to legislative IT staff? Please take this opportunity to recognize the outstanding work done by NALIT members.
Each year NCSL provides the opportunity to nominate an individual or work group for a Legislative Staff Achievement Award. NALIT may name up to two recipients–-individuals, teams or legislative offices–-for recognition each year. Recipients of the awards are presented with a plaque and are recognized at the NALIT Business Meeting at the NCSL Legislative Summit.
All members of NALIT are eligible for this award (if you are an information technology professional working for a legislature, you are a member of NALIT!). Nominations may be submitted by the nominee, by legislators or other legislative staff, or by other members of the Association.
So why should YOU take the time to nominate someone? Nominate a NALIT colleague in another state to recognize the work they do for NALIT and their legislature. Nominate a member of your IT staff in your state legislature to thank them for their service. Read about past recipients of the award here.
- Helping to improve the effectiveness of the legislative institution
- Supporting the legislative process and the mission of the legislature
- Exhibiting a high degree of professionalism, competence and integrity in serving the legislature and the public
- Contributing to the work of the National Conference of State Legislatures
- Contributing to the National Association of Legislative Information Technology
- Contributing to existing knowledge and demonstrating expertise in a particular field
Nominations for the 2020 award are closed,
Submit Your Nomination
It's easy to nominate someone! Just send an email describing why you think your nominee deserves recognition. Briefly address how the nominee meets the above criteria, and submit your nomination to the committee.