Call for Nominations
Do you know a colleague who deserves recognition for outstanding work? Please let us know! LINCS is accepting nominations for the 2014 Legislative Staff Achievement Award, which was created by the NCSL Legislative Staff Coordinating Committee in 1997. The award is designed to recognize those who demonstrate excellence in supporting the work of a state legislature and strengthening the legislative institution.
Each staff section may nominate up to two individuals, teams or legislative offices from its membership. Recipients of the 2014 Legislative Staff Achievement Awards will be announced by NCSL at the Legislative Summit in Minneapolis.
All members of LINCS are eligible and nominations may be submitted by the nominee or by other LINCS members. A panel appointed by the LINCS executive committee will review the nominations and select the winner(s), who will be notified by June 30. Please submit a letter describing how the nominee meets one or more of the criteria below to email@example.com by Friday, June 20.
- Helps improve the effectiveness of the legislative institution
- Supports the legislative process and the mission of the legislature
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, competence and integrity in serving the legislature and the public
- Contributes to the work of the National Conference of State Legislatures
- Demonstrates expertise in a particular field
- Contributes to existing knowledge
- Contributes to LINCS
Nominations can also be mailed to Jane Andrade at NCSL, 7700 East First Place, Denver, CO 80230, or faxed to her attention at 303-856-2662. Please feel free to contact Jane at 303-856-1464 with any questions.